Great Maker's Exchange Makers Market will feature goods for sale and small demonstrations throughout the day. Tia will have a selection of Silvercocoon jewelry available as well as select prints from her 100 Day Project will also be available for purchase. For more information about the entire day's events click here: ASIMN.ORG
Admission to the Institute is required to shop the market, attend Tia's artist talk, and to explore the exhibits. Additional pre-registration is required for Great Maker's Exchange workshops.
Highlights for the day:
- Two-hour mini craft workshops listed below ( $25 registration fee per workshop)
- The Makers Market – engage with crafters demonstrating and selling their wares
- The Young Makers Studio – drop-in craft activities for youth and families
- Featured Maker Talk: Practicing Creativity with Tia Salmela Keobounpheng at 1 p.m.
- Folk Music performances by Tjärnblom and The Hunky Dory Scandinavian All-Stars
- Craft and Design Focused Micro-Tours of the Turnblad Mansion
- 12:30 - Meet The Makers of 2600 Park Avenue: Intersecting Art, Craft and Design
- 2:30 - Porcelain Tile Stoves
- 3:30 - Woodcarvings
- 4:30 - Textiles
- Admission to ASI’s museum and summer exhibitions, featuring the exhibitions Still Life: Karin Broos